The 2018 Conference will once again be held in Yarrawonga however we have managed to change back to our original date which is 6 & 7 December.
RK Lawyers have recently published an article (link to the article http://www.rk.com.au/insights/changes-to-the-building-act-1993-part-8-enforcement-and-the-provision-for-service/) regarding the 16 August 2017 amendments to the Building Act 1993 (“Act”) which has resulted in significant changes to Part 8 of the Act and building enforcement at a local government level. The provision for service under the Act, being section 236 was also amended on 16 August 2017.
The article which was emailed to you, refers to checklists which we have drafted to assist Municipal Building Surveyors and their delegates when drafting and serving building notices and building orders.
As one of our valued clients please find attached the following checklists referred to in the article:
- Building Notice Checklist for Municipal Building Surveyors;
- Building Order Checklist for Municipal Building Surveyors;
- Building Order for Minor Work Checklist for Municipal Building Surveyors;
- Building Order to Stop Work Checklist for Municipal Building Surveyors;
- Emergency Order Checklist for Municipal Building Surveyors; and
- Service Checklist.
As always, should you have any queries or should you require any further advice or assistance regarding the 16 August 2017 amendments please do not hesitate to contact Ian Pridgeon, Daniel Silfo, Marcus Heath or myself.