Moorabool Shire Council
INTEGRITY, CREATIVE, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT &
Situated between Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat with an easy 45-minute commute against the traffic and a growing community of over 32,000 people, Moorabool Shire Council offers the perfect blend of picturesque and friendly surrounds with the vibrancy of an active growing community. Enjoy an urban lifestyle in towns like Bacchus Marsh or take advantage of Moorabool’s smaller towns and hamlets, rural open spaces and natural surrounds, whilst maintaining the convenience of Melbourne CBD.
About the role
Moorabool Shire offers significant planning opportunities with a variety of residential, commercial and rural proposals ranging from small scale extensions to large residential subdivisions and a variety of exciting development opportunities. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to assist the Building Services Unit in administering Council’s responsibilities for the administration and enforcement of the Building Act and Building Regulations within the Moorabool Shire municipal district.
The successful applicant will also be required to carry out inspections and prepare reports for the Municipal Building Surveyor applicable to Applications for Council Consent and Report, and ideally be looking to expand their experience in developing the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to become a Building Surveyor or Inspector.
What we can offer
- Monthly RDO
- GMHBA Health Cover available
- Social Club and Staff Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program Support
- Strong values with a life/work balance
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff
To view the full position description, click HERE or click the link in the how to apply.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Building Act 1993, Building Regulations 2018, National Construction Code of Australia and Australian Standards
- Completion of tertiary qualification in Building Surveying or currently enrolled in studying towards completion of a tertiary qualification in Building Surveying
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organise workloads and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in developing positive relationships with internal and external customers through well-developed interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Understanding of building terminology and construction practices
- Experience is using various computer software packages including Microsoft Windows and database applications
- Strong focus on developing and delivering high standard customer service in a timely manner.
- Highly developed communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in providing accurate administrative support within a busy office environment including managing differing and changing priorities
- Competent word processing and database skills.
Licences & Registrations
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence – Compulsory
How to apply
Please visit our website to download and read the full PD then apply online @ https://www.moorabool.vic.gov.au/vacancies
To be considered for this role all applications must include a covering letter, resume and a response addressing the key selection criteria by 5.00 pm, Sunday, 18 October 2020.
For further information, contact Julie Harris, Building Inspector on (03) 5366 7100.
Moorabool Shire Council is proudly committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
**Please be advised we do not accept applications through agencies**
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit moorabool.elmotalent.com.au.