Casey City Council
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the legislation relevant to the building industry
- Permanent full-time role with a monthly RDO
- Enjoys working with a supportive team, competitive salary and great benefits
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud.
About the role
This role sits in the Municipal Building Surveyor team as part of the City Planning and Infrastructure division which plans, designs, builds and maintains the City for our growing community.
As a Building Inspector you will work as part of a customer focused team in the Municipal Building Surveyors unit to ensure compliance with the Building Act and other local requirements.
This role will contribute to an efficient and effective building service for the City of Casey, providing technical building regulatory assistance to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities of this role include
- Ensure compliance with the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia and other relevant Regulations and Australian Standards at the request of the Municipal Building Surveyor or the authorised delegate as appropriate.
- Inspect buildings in response to concerns from members of the public and give directions where necessary to rectify problems.
- Inspect and audit pool and spa barriers for compliance and give directions where necessary to rectify problems, issue compliance or non-compliance certificates and or notices and directions.
- Inspect buildings as necessary, or as requested by other Council Departments and/or other Authorities (e.g. Fire Rescue Victoria, Country Fire Authority).
- Prepare building notices and orders and ensure they are followed up and complied with.
- Provide on-site advice and give direction to builders, subcontractors and property owners.
- Assist with the assessment of Building Permits, Hoarding Permits, Siting of Temporary Structures, Place of Public Entertainment Occupancy Permit (P.O.P.E) and Report & Consent applications.
- Monitor performance against objectives and manage project risks and issues.
- Consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and to the agreed standard.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia and related legislation relevant to the building industry.
- Ability to interpret legislation, policies and apply precedents.
- Building Inspector/Surveyor qualification including current Registration as a Building Practitioner with the Victorian Building Authority, in the category of Building Inspector Unlimited, is desirable.
- Willingness to undertake pre-employment checks including: National Criminal History Check, Working With Children Check, Eligibility to Work in Australia.
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $87,240.06 (Band 6) per annum plus superannuation
Applications close: 07 October 2021 at 11:55 pm
To apply for this job please visit www.casey.vic.gov.au.