VBA names new Chief Executive
The Chief Commissioner of the Victorian Building Authority (VBA), Dr Owen Donald, today announced the appointment of Ms Sue Eddy as the building regulator’s new CEO.
Ms Eddy’s appointment follows an extensive search and selection process that commenced in June this year when Prue Digby announced her intention to retire from the role.
“I am pleased to announce the appointment of Sue Eddy as the VBA’s new CEO. Sue is a talented leader with an impressive track record in fiscal management, operational strategy and stakeholder engagement, and was selected from a strong field of worthy candidates,” said Dr Donald.
A former Associate Chartered Accountant, Sue Eddy is currently Lead Deputy Secretary Corporate Services at the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources where she has direct responsibility for the department’s near $2 billion operating budget and over 300 staff. She previously headed the Budget Strategy and Reform branch of the Department of Treasury and Finance, overseeing the development of successive State Government budgets.
In announcing the appointment, Dr Donald also paid tribute to Ms Digby.
“The VBA Board is grateful for the steadfast leadership Prue displayed while establishing the Authority as an independent, proactive regulator of building and plumbing work in Victoria, and in implementing successive waves of regulatory reform.”
Ms Digby will retire from the CEO role on 20 October; Ms Eddy will commence on 6 November.
Ms Sue Eddy
- Lead Deputy Secretary, Corporate Services – Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR), 2016-2017
- Deputy Secretary, Financial Management and Technology Services – DEDJTR, 2014-2016
- Deputy Secretary, Finance – Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure, 2014
- Director, Budget Strategy and Reform – Department of Treasury and Finance, 2009-2014
- Assistant Director, Fiscal Strategy – Department of Treasury and Finance, 2008-2009
- Various positions – Department of Human Services, 2002-2008
- National Certificate in Business Studies, National Diploma of Accountancy (Manukau Technical Institute, NZ) 1989
- Master of Business Administration, University of Melbourne, 2017
VBA Communications – Craig Little – 03 9618 9316 – email@example.com